Parents and kids are using googlemeet and googlehangout. Here is a quick tutorial on how to use google hangout from a computer or from a phone. We are hosting parents meetings, PTO meetings, faculty meetings and clarification for instruction with teachers this way. If this is your first time, don’t worry, it is super easy. Take a look at this video below.
When you see the buses arriving for the daily delivery it feels comforting for many to see the routine of big shiny buses on the road. The folks behind the scenes filling those buses with breakfasts and lunches for so many are here….. Sharon Reinhart, Mary Ann Hash, Denise Ulaky, Barb Flannery and our cafeteria manager Trasee Bleecher. A very humble thank you to all of these ladies creating meals for kids.
The community aid bin in our parking lot is closed. They are not accepting donations at this time and the one on our property is filled. Please refrain from using this bin. Thank you.
We are still looking for singers who LOVE the Martic song. We would like to have some of our kids, parents and alumni send up some short clips of them singing the Martic song. If you forget the words, we are providing this link below. Sing it loud and proud and film your clip with great pride.
We plan to embed all of the submitted clips together to make our very own #Marticproud movie. Please send all clips to Katelyn.Hartman@pennmanor.net. We cannot wait to see the collection we get. Show your Martic pride. These clips are due by Friday, April 10th.
|Penn Manor has implemented a meal distribution plan for ALL students that utilizes students’ morning bus stop locations. The free, bagged meals are being delivered by school buses and include a lunch and breakfast that meet school nutritional standards. Families will receive lunches and breakfasts for two days every Monday and for three days every Wednesday. Families may ONLY pick up meals for Penn Manor students who live in their households. For elementary students, meals will be delivered by buses at students’ regular bus stops at times that roughly correspond with their regular school pickup times. Buses will stop if someone is visible at each stop. A volunteer onboard each bus will assist with meal bag distribution. Please note: If a bus does not stop at your child’s regular stop, you may go to any of the stops listed above to receive a meal delivery. At all locations, students need not be present for a family member to pick up their meal bag, and family members may pick up meal bags for all members of their household who attend Penn Manor schools from a single location/stop. This distribution plan is subject to change in response to the needs of our families, food service staff, bus drivers and volunteers.|
*April 2 update: Restrictions at district outdoor recreational facilities
To help slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus, all outdoor playground facilities at Penn Manor schools will be closed through April 30. The public is permitted to use walking paths, the practice football field/track at Penn Manor High School, open fields at Comet Field, and other open space while practicing social distancing to do our part to try to reduce the spread of the virus.
Closed facilities include
- Indoor recreational facilities
- Water fountains
- Playground equipment
When considering using Penn Manor School District open spaces please remember to:
- Stay home if you are sick
- Don’t congregate in groups
- Take hand sanitizer, and use it regularly
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth
- Clean up after pets
- Avoid activities that put you in crowded areas
Thank you for your cooperation.
Due to the current pandemic, all PTO scholarships will now be due by April 3rd. Everything should be completed electronically and you can send directly to Jen Sugra email@example.com. If you have any questions about how to complete this please email Mrs. Ulmer at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can access all paperwork by clicking HERE.
Some updates from Martic Elementary School.
- For all of the families and friends who ordered Penn Manor or Martic spiritwear, those orders are being processed. They might take a little longer due to some of the manufacturers being shut down, but I cannot wait for our back to school spirit day. As soon as these items arrive we will determine the best way for pick up.
- Yearbooks are still for sale online.
- Report cards will be posted to sapphire on Friday. All report cards and progress monitoring reports will be available through the parent portal. If you do not have a parent portal, or you forget your log in, use this link for help. https://martic.pennmanor.net/sapphire/
- Best story of the day…. today when our buses were out for meal distribution there were kids at the bus stop with their back packs and ready to return to school. The meal delivery volunteers looked perplexed… then all of a sudden the parents screamed, “April Fool’s!” That is funny!!! I love our spunky, fun, Martic parents. 🙂
- We miss our kids and we miss our families. Stay safe and healthy.
Our regularly scheduled PTO meeting will take place on April 2nd at 6 PM. This will be a virtual meeting. Please join us at: meet.google.com/gbh-jjgt-mwj or you can join by phone 1 252-486-4257 PIN: 187 294 493# We hope to see many of you online.
April 2nd will be the final day to submit your request to run for a PTO board position. If you are interested in running for a position, please be sure to submit your name to Jen Sugra @ email@example.com or Shayla Henry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current candidates who have submitted their names include:
- Shayla Henry ~ president
- Jody Clark ~ vice-president
- Kelly Kline ~ secretary
- Shawn Lehman ~ treasurer
- Ashley Stringer ~ Assistant treasurer
Our teachers and staff are crazy about helping students learn! We hope you’re crazy about learning, too, using our new online resources. Show your Comet Crazy pride Tuesday by posting a photo of yourself wearing crazy socks/hair/hats in your new learning space at home. #PMProud